Blog - Open Source
The open source model is a decentralized development model that encourages open collaboration. In lieu of outshining the competitors in the virtual market, business owners generally demand for state-of-the-art websites. Owners demand of a website that possesses fantastic GUI interface along with highly advanced tools and widgets. On top of all, they want such websites to be delivered in a short span of time.
Developing a highly complex website in a short time frame is definitely a challenge for any website designing company and ArtisticBird overcome this challenge with the help of Open Source Website Development Tools.
With these tools, website developers don’t have to develop the website from scratch and it saves a great amount of time. In addition, open source tools are equipped with widgets and plug-ins and we can customize the basic architecture to meet your specific needs and requirements. Some other benefits of developing a website using open source interface are:
- Cost Effective – Since the website is not developed from the scratch, the amount of efforts and resources required are less. It definitely reduces the overall cost of website development. Small business owners and burgeoning entrepreneurs with a limited budget can rely on these websites without giving a second thought.
- Wide Array of Plugins – Leading open source platforms to offer innumerous widgets and plugins and most of them can be used free of cost. Also, most of these widgets support customization and thus they can be integrated into the client website with a breeze.
- Easy to Manage – There are many individuals for whom the website is their dream and they participate actively during the phase of website design & development. For such clients, open source websites are perfect. The backend of such websites is easy to understand and you can make minute changes even after the website has been delivered.
- Time Effective –These websites are time effective and this is one reason why they are gaining popularity amongst both customers and website developers.
- Continuous Support – Almost for every open source tools, multiple tutorials, and support documents are available readily over the Internet. After the website has been delivered, you can easily refer to these documents in order to make minute changes to the website.
ArtisticBird has expertise in developing websites on different open source applications like Magento, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Open Cart and OS Commerce. To know more about these open source platforms, continue reading the description below.
Launched in the year 2008, Magento is basically an open source application for e-commerce websites. With this software at the core, a fully functional e-commerce website can be developed for your online business. This entire application is based on the Entity attribute value system. The system allows the web site administrator to store large chunks of data in an organized manner.
Do you want to develop an e-commerce website by not spending a hefty amount? Give ArtisticBird a call and we will develop the website for you using Magento.
Released in the year 2003, WordPress is a dynamic content management system based on PHP and MySQL. If we go by statistics, 14.7% of top one million websites are based on WordPress and this number is more than enough to testify the popularity of WordPress. This interface supports template system and building a website using these templates is a cakewalk. On top of it, WordPress supports applications for mobile phones thereby making your website accessible through Android, Windows, and Blackberry mobile phones.
Hard to believe but Joomla has been downloaded more than 30 million times by users. This open source platform is primarily used for publishing content on the Internet as well as Intranet. The framework has been written in PHP like WordPress. Though the framework offers more than 9200 extensions for users and some of the most useful extensions include RSS Feeds, Polls, Blogs, and Page Caching. To catch a glimpse of how powerful Joomla is, refer to website linux.com that has been built using Joomla.
Combining the features of a Content Management System and Content Management Framework, Drupal is an extremely powerful tool in the world of website designing. Written in PHP, this versatile open source CMS can be used for designing simple sites such as personal blogs and even highly sensitive websites like government websites. You may be astounded to know that the website whitehouse.gov has been designed using Drupal itself. Adding to it, it has been recorded that 1.5% of the entire existing websites are based on Drupal. Do you need more reasons to choose Drupal as the backend for your dream website? If yes, then we have a bucket of reasons more to tell you why Drupal is the most preferred open source platform for website designing. Drupal offers approximately 15,648 add-ons that can be easily integrated into the website for improving its functionality and efficiency.
Do you want to build your website using Drupal? Fill our query form and web designing experts at ArtisticBird will revert shortly.
Online shopping today has become a necessity and to fulfill this incessant need new online stores are being opened almost every day. Online stores are convenient for buyers but to manage such a store is pretty difficult. To make this task easier, frameworks like Open Cart have been launched in the market. Wikipedia defines Open Cart as a free online store system and with the help of a web designing company you can customize it for your own benefit. An exciting feature about this framework is it is platform independent and thus users never face any compatibility related issues.
Keeping in mind the increasing numbers of e-commerce stores, a series of e-commerce software has been launched in the market. Out of various different software and frameworks for running e-commerce stores, OS Commerce is the most sought after one. Before this software can be used on a web server, you need to ensure that PHP and MySQL have been installed. The modules and interface of the software are highly advanced thereby enabling users to accomplish daunting tasks with ease.
To get a website designed using any of these open source platforms, contact highly experienced web designers and developers at ArtisticBird right now.